At our recent FCG training, we were all alarmed by our trainer on the Control of Asbestos Regulations.  Under the rules, anyone who is responsible for the maintenance of any non-domestic premises must have a “management plan” for all pre-2000 properties under their control.  This plan is required before you even think about undertaking any works on the buildings.

So, your buildings all need surveying.  Then, if you plan to work on them in any way, you need to identify where any asbestos is, and manage and control the risks.  Apparently 95% of agricultural property has asbestos on or within them, and 60% of rural domestic property.  This needs surveying too, if rented out, or if the domestic property is a “place of work” for anyone.

Contact Charles at for more information. 

Posted in Business Management, Lincoln.